Wallowa County Grain Growers is an ag co-op based in Enterprise Oregon, with an agronomy branch in Island City, Oregon. WCGG Agronomy specializes in sales of fertilizer, chemical, seed, and feed. We provide customer service in the form of field assessment, chemical advisement, custom application, and operate a custom feed and seed mill. An internship position with WCGG will focus on all aspects of the agronomy department under the direction of department managers and senior staff members.
What’s in it for you?
This internship will provide you with the opportunity to gain experience while previewing what a career in an agronomy field will look like.
This internship position will mainly be doing primarily the following:
- Soil sampling, plant sampling, product testing, product applications, and field scouting in production agriculture areas.
- Assisting Crop Advisors with seed and crop care activities to also include computer input of data.
- Developing knowledge of Agronomy computer programs, product deliveries, inventory tracking, and safety requirements.
- Aiding in the custom milling of Feed and Seed, general maintenance, and cleanup of equipment and facilities.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university and completed at least freshman year
- Valid driver’s license
- A farm background or farm experience is preferred but not required
- Overtime and weekend work during busy season
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via email email@example.com . Please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document.