Classification July, 2019
Wallowa County Grain Growers General Manager
Tri-County Equipment, a leading John Deere Dealer, has an opening for a Parts Manager in La Grande, Oregon. This position manages parts operations for three locations (Enterprise, Baker City, and La Grande, OR) within the dealership to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction while maximizing return on investment through parts sales, inventory control and expense control.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop, communicate, enforce, and monitor effective Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Promote and merchandise parts and accessories in conjunction with other store locations.
- Create annual Parts Department goals and budget, in alignment with Tri-County Equipment and Wallowa County Grain Growers financial and operational objectives.
- Develop and execute Parts Department marketing plan and monitor monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Maintain an accurate and effective parts inventory control system that includes a perpetual physical inventory and proper counter procedures.
- Submit all parts warranty and return claims within the required timeframe to receive maximum credit.
- Maximize use of all order discount programs to achieve management stock order goals.
- Ensure all department tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order.
- Manage recruiting, staffing, and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position.
- Good understanding of financial principles relative to Parts Department Operations.
- Proven experience driving and improving customer relations and service.
- 3 year experience leading and managing others
- 4 year experience in Parts Department operations
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, and internet functions.
- Ability to write and speak effectively to communicate with public, staff, and management.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
- Knowledge of farm and turf power equipment preferred.
- Valid Oregon driver License required
This job operates in a shop/office setting. This role will routinely travel between Enterprise, Baker City and La Grande, Oregon. Primarily, employee will work at La Grande, Oregon location.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The ability to lift up to 50lbs
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and general hours/days are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00pm.